Software Testing is the process of verifying and validating if a software or application is free of bugs. It ensures the technical requirements as instructed by its design and development. Thereafter, it ensures the user requirements successfully and systematically by handling all the exceptional and boundary cases. The process that includes software testing focuses not only on checking faults in the present software but also on checking measures to improve the software in terms of efficiency, accuracy, and usability. Its main focus is to measure the specification, functionality, and performance of a software program or application.
Two steps are mainly included in software testing. These are:
- Verification- This process includes the set of tasks that checks the software is correctly implemented at each specific function.
- Validation- This process includes a different set of tasks that check that the developed software can be traced to customer requirements.
The Software Testing Course carries manual testing, automation testing & SQL. After completion of this course, you will be able to understand the fundamental principles and processes included in software testing. You will create test cases and run them using an automated testing tool. You can begin writing and recognizing good test cases, including input data and possible outcomes.
Types of Software Testing
Software Testing is roughly classified into two types:
Manual testing includes testing software manually without utilizing any kind of automation tool or any type of script. In this kind of testing, the tester takes responsibility and acts as an end-user and tests the software to check if there is any unexpected behavior or bugs. Various stages are present for manual testing such as unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and user acceptance testing. Testers operate test plans, test cases, and test scenarios to ensure the final version of software testing. Manual testing also includes exploratory testing, as testers explore the software to check for errors in it and correct it accordingly.
Automation testing includes the process in which the tester writes scripts and utilizes other software to test the final product. This process includes the automation of the manual process. Automation testing helps to re-run the test scenarios rapidly and continuously that were performed manually in the manual testing. Except in regression testing, automation testing is also beneficial to test the application from different points of view like load, performance, and stress. It enhances the test coverage, improves accuracy, and preserves time and money when we compare it to manual testing.
Types of Software Testing Techniques
Software testing techniques are broadly classified into two categories:
Black Box Testing-
In this technique of testing, the tester doesn’t have an approach to the source code of the software and so the testing is executed at the software interface without giving importance to the internal logical structure of the software.
White Box Testing-
In this technique of testing, the tester is aware of the internal functioning of the product and has an approach to its source code, hence, the testing is executed by ensuring that all internal operations are performing according to the specifications of the respective software.
Levels of Software Testing
Software level testing is majorly classified in four levels:
- Unit Testing- It is a testing process where each component of the software is tested to ensure that each component of the software runs as designed.
- Integration Testing- This is the process where individual units are assembled and tested together to expose faults in the interaction between integrated units.
- System Testing- This is the testing process where a final software is tested to analyze the system’s compliance with the specified requirements.
- Acceptance Testing- This is the software testing process where a system is tested for acceptance which ensures to evaluation of the system’s fulfillment with the business requirements and checks whether it is acceptable for delivery.
Software Testing is a very broad topic and therefore considered to be an integral and crucial part of software development. This course easily enables one to perform the respective tasks. Online Software Testing Course is easily accessible and flexible. This brings you an easy approach to this course if you are seeking this as a career prospect.